Sunday, August 9, 2009

LOST!

I was definitely lost. My mind was flooded, my throat was dry, I started to sweat, I couldn’t think. I wasn’t in Egypt or on a major search for treasure, I was in 10th grade algebra. I was LOST!
My teacher was at the front going on about how with each point is a new distance. She was saying something about radicals, or was that relish. No relish, why would she be talking about relish, ooh now I’m hungry. Mmmm a warm hot dog covered in relish. Yes that would be good. Wait get back to the subject, oh darn she erased it. Wait m=5x+ square root of 63. Is this part of the problem, why is Lucinda looking at me? Can she tell I am out of it? Oh, Jeremiah is waving his hair, he is so cute, and Brandi is glaring at him, if only I were Brandi. Dating the star quarterback. Oh look at him he is flexing his muscles; oh I just want to give them a tight squeeze, as I wrap my arms around him.
“Emily, EEEEEEEEEMMMILY!” croaked Ms. Evans. “Yes Ms. I am sorry, what were you asking?” The room filled with laughter! Jeremiah almost choked on his own spit he was laughing so hard! :”I was asking if you would please come to the front and solve this problem?” “Yes Ms. I am truly sorry!” I almost threw up as I stumbled down the desks to the front of the class 62y= square root of 85 –102x +b I quickly wrote: This problem is against my religious belief; therefore I cannot solve this problem. Just as I finished, I threw the chalk down and marched out the door, on account of I had to hurl, my lungs out!
The religious thing, I heard about in the classic book of Calvin and Hobbes. I left school real early that day, I was to afraid to show my face again after pulling a stunt like that, especially in front of Jeremiah. My parents, got a phone call that evening as we were eating our dinner, it was hard enough to choke down that meatloaf, besides having my parents leave the table to discuss, what was said by Principal Smith. Just as I finished my father sent me to get ready for bed, and as I walked down the stairs they both met me to discuss the matter.
The next day, I was sent directly to principal Smith’s office. The school met for an assembly in the cafeteria, where I was to announce my improper answer and the reasoning behind it. Principal Smith told me later that was all my parents, idea and he was just going to have me apologize to my teachers. Talk about a hurl Girl! I missed lunch that day, I didn’t feel to swift, but later Coralline slipped me a note in class! I got truly red, until I read it! Dear Emily, If you want a tutor on algebra, I am cheap and I will help you three hours everyday after school! I was so excited; I reached over and shook her hand. One week later, I am up at the front desk side by side with Coralline and ready to answer any questions, the teacher might ask! “ Emily EEEEEEEMMILY” “ Yes, Ms.Evans” “Are you staring at Jeremiah or the wall?” “ The wall, Ms.Evans!” Well maybe not all the questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment