Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Land of Dreams

My feet sank in the hot sand, as I walked without a care. The tiny crystals drizzled through my toes, relieving my bare skin. A gentle spray curled around my warm, tan legs. A cool mist covered the shoreline in a white cloud. Warm breezes fanned my long brown hair. The piercing sunshine bestowed its rays on my tender skin and the wind gave a warm wave of indulgence as I walked, upon the sand crested beach. In the sky not a cloud laid hand on the powerful sun. The golden light reflected in the teal waters! All was silent, but the sound of waves, rushing to cover the sandy bank. The horizon lay hidden by bushy hills and cliffs of mosses and ivy. The only rate of life upon these grand features was a shimmering waterfall. The waterfall shed colors to reveal its welcome upon the teal body, entering with an effortless splash of subdue! An aroma of coconut and mist was sensational as I basked under the large leaves of Palm. My heart was embarked upon the quiet spot of indulgence. I sunk my feet in the cool water, sinking the feeling and relief in my soul! A mossy rock on the bed, lay as a pillow to my bare feet. The clear salty water, that’s fragrance drugged me with a feeling of relief and comfort, overwhelmed me! I was alone, unafraid and in love. In love with the land that was more of a dream, in love with the place that provided self-esteem and in love with all that gave this place such meaning. My blooded rushed, as I lay drenched in clement waters, drifting far from shore without a care as to where I was going. A gaudy array of fish and coral were all a part of the miraculous scene that sat beneath the timid waters! I rested on the cliff seen from the shore as only a little hill with a water stream. The falling spray ran down my body and it was so profound, I felt of nothing. My body seemed so spiritless in this array of gods wonder that I could only feel of the wind or a cloud. Not a life of remembrance to such fine place. If only I knew this was not the end! I swam with current to shore and sat on the cool bank watching the golden life set to rest, with a farewell that brought such amenity to the nightfall. Sparkling light twinkled in the dusky sky to show a sense of tranquility to the breathtaking glory that now lay at rest! A land of amazement and skepticism!

No comments:

Post a Comment