Sunday, August 9, 2009

Grandpa

My grandpas birthday was a couple days ago, so I dedicated this poem to him!

Grandpa you’re the greatest,
There is nothing you can’t do!
The things that we can’t you can,
Even though your 72.
Your age is not a worry,
It’s more wisdom with each day.
I hope this birthday poem.
Makes you happy in every way.
You’re charming and sweet,
Such a great person to have around!
Each moment with you is better,
I have always found!
Don’t take this day to hard,
Just look at it like this.
With each year that your older,
Adds more to your greatness!


You’re Truly Special To Me
You’ve loved your kids and grandkids, too;
Your heart is so tender and kind.
I remember the time you used to say you knew a monkey,” It is you!”
I also remember sitting on a tractor and think it would drive off with me behind!
Your unselfish heart and the joy in your eyes,
Makes me realize how truly special we are.
I love you grandpa, and hope this is a delightful surprise.
Just like that homemade cigar!
I wish you my love and for you to know,
I love you more than the world could show!


Grandfather
Take a break,
Be set at ease.
Close your ears,
To all who tease!
My memories with you,
Are truly fond!
I am so thankful,
For the time we’ve had to bond.
You are there to help,
All in need,
Your footsteps,
Are my life’s lead.
I wish you happiness,
Through the years,
Your smile and laughter,
Fill me with joyful tears!
This poem is just for you,
Happy Birthday Grandpa,
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment